Booksbay.ae website places special focus on maintaining their customers’ privacy. We collect personal data to enhance customer experience and to improve our products and services. Following is information regarding how we use the collected data:
The data which is collected
- Data is collected in the following forms:
- Identity data – this includes your name, language, contact information, location, etc.
- Transaction details – this includes payment or card data, orders and returns, purchase history and details, etc.
- Geolocation data – If you interact with us using your phones, this data is collected.
- Commercial Information – If you have subscribed to our newsletter or promotional emailer.
- Preferences – this includes data pertaining to your tastes and preferences.
- Browser information and IP address
- When you are asked to fill your details, some fields will be marked compulsory as they are necessary for us to provide the products or services in question. If such data is not provided to us, the user may not be able to fully access or enjoy the required functionalities or services.
What the collected data is used for
- Your data will be used by us primarily for managing your registration, processing your purchases of our products and services, responding to your queries and clearing your doubts, and, if the customer wishes, to send them customized communications.
Who the information is shared with
- Booksbay.ae handles the personal data collected by the users with immense sensitivity and care. We safeguard all the personal information shared with us and only share it with third party service providers which help us in catering to your needs. Apart from this, your information is only shared when:
- The information is required by a reliable partner. In this case, the partner is obligated to agree to our terms and conditions along with signing of a confidentiality agreement.
- Required by the court of law. We will provide the demanded information asked of us in any legal processes pertaining to us.
- All credit/debit cards’ details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
- "https://www.booksbay.ae/ will not pass any debit/credit card details to third parties".
- Booksbay.ae may use non-personal "aggregated data" to enhance the operation of our website, or analyze interest in the areas of our website. Additionally, if you provide Booksbay.ae with content for publishing or feedback, we may publish your user name or other identifying data with your permission.
- The users can choose to block or reject cookies and other identifiers on their browser or devices. Cookies are small bits of data cached in a user’s browser. booksbay.ae utilizes cookies to determine whether or not you have visited the home page in the past. However, no other user information is gathered.
Cancellations, Exchanges, and Refunds
- In case the customer wants to cancel their order, they can contact Booksbay's customer service before their order has been shipped. We will try our best to help you with your concern, but since we try to get the orders to you expeditiously, it might not be possible to cancel your order if it has already been shipped. Refund will be initiated in case of a successful cancellation to the original mode of payment and should reach the customers within 45 days of initiating the cancellation.
- If you are unsatisfied with the product that has been delivered to you and wish to replace it, you may contact our customer service for resolution.
- In case you receive the incorrect product or damaged product, kindly notify our customer service within 72 hours of delivery and we will be happy to send you the correct item.
- BooksBay reserves the right to refuse any refund wherein it is evident that the product has been used.
- All pre-order transactions are not eligible for exchange or refund.
Security & Confidentiality
- Our systems are designed keeping in mind the security and privacy of the data that is shared with us.
- Encryption protocols and softwares are used while transmitting personal information.
- PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) is followed while handling credit card data.
- We offer additional security features on devices to safeguard against unauthorized access and loss of data.
Choices the customer has
- Customers have the option to opt out of our newsletter and emailing services whenever they desire.
- They have the option to not provide certain information, but this might affect the customer experience.
- They can add or update previously provided information.
- They can adjust advertising preferences to stop seeing interest-based ads.
- They can choose to block or reject cookies and other identifiers on their browser or devices. Cookies are small bits of data cached in a user’s browser. booksbay.ae utilizes cookies to determine whether or not you have visited the home page in the past. However, no other user information is gathered.
Booksbay.ae is not responsible for the privacy policies of websites to which it links. If you provide any information to such third parties different rules regarding the collection and use of your personal information may apply. We strongly suggest you review such third party’s privacy policies before providing any data to them. We are not responsible for the policies or practices of third parties. Please be aware that our sites may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties. The information practices of those Web sites linked to our site is not covered by this Policy. These other sites may send their own cookies or clear GIFs to users, collect data or solicit personally identifiable information. We cannot control this collection of information. You should contact these entities directly if you have any questions about their use of the information that they collect.
The Website Policies and Terms & Conditions would be changed or updated occasionally to meet the requirements and standards. Therefore the Customers’ are encouraged to frequently visit these sections in order to be updated about the changes on the website. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted”.
If the customer wishes to make any changes to their current information, it is advised that they remove their previous/outdated contact information so that they aren’t sent any updates there. For any assistance, you can contact Booksbay at: