These terms and conditions are applicable to your use of the website www.booksbay.ae which is owned and operated by Ninety Nine Books Trading LLC. These terms apply irrespective of whether you are accessing the website through a computer system, a mobile phone, or an app provided by BooksBay.
These terms define the relationship between BooksBay and you, along with the terms on which BooksBay provides the website as well the terms on which products are sold on the website. If you do not agree to these terms, you may not use the website or proceed to purchase any product or service being offered on the website.
Nothing in these Terms affects your statutory rights, either as a consumer or otherwise.
- It is necessary for you to complete your registration before you can purchase any products from our website. You may register with us and buy products from our website only if your membership has not been previously barred or suspended by BooksBay.
- The confidentiality of your account is your own responsibility. Preventing unauthorized access and protecting your account username and password is in the user’s hands. You are urged to inform Booksbay in case of any suspicious activity or in case you have reason to believe that your account information has been made known to someone else.
- By providing information on the website, you warrant that the information provided by you is accurate and complete. You also agree that you will notify BooksBay of the changes in your email, contact no., or postal address in a timely manner. You can update this information in the “My Account” section of our website.
- There is no charge for registering on our website, or for browsing through, although you have to pay for the products your purchase and the taxes or delivery charges associated with that purchase.
Links and Search Results
The Site may automatically produce search results that reference and/or link to third party sites throughout the World Wide Web. BooksBay has no control over these sites or the content within them. BooksBay does not guarantee, represent or warrant that the content contained in the sites is accurate, legal and/or inoffensive. BooksBay does not endorse the content of any third party site, nor does it make any representation or warranty about these sites, including that they will not contain viruses or otherwise impact your computer. By using the Site to search for or link to another site, you agree and understand that you may not make any claim against BooksBay for any damages or losses, whatsoever, resulting from your use of the Site to obtain search results or to link to another site. If you have a problem with a link from the Site, you may notify us at email@example.com.
- BooksBay is not the manufacturer of the products and services being sold via the website. We try our hardest to ensure that the images and descriptions on the website are as accurate as possible but it does not warrant that the displayed data is accurate, current, reliable, or error-free. You should read the labels, warnings, and directions which are provided with the corresponding product or service before finalizing your purchase.
- We receive books from third party vendors, therefore BooksBay is not liable or holds any responsibility towards any author or publisher.
Orders and Payment
- All credit/debit cards’ details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
- Merchant will not pass any debit/credit card details to third parties.
- Merchant takes appropriate steps to ensure data privacy and security including through various hardware and software methodologies. However, Booksbay.ae cannot guarantee the security of any information that is disclosed online.
- The merchant is not responsible for the privacy policies of websites to which it links. If you provide any information to such third parties different rules regarding the collection and use of your personal information may apply. You should contact these entities directly if you have any questions about their use of the information that they collect.
- The Website Policies and Terms & Conditions may be changed or updated occasionally to meet the requirements and standards. Therefore, the Customers’ are encouraged to frequently visit these sections to be updated about the changes on the website. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted.
- You may pay for the products using credit and debit cards. Cheques, COD, and other such modes of payment are not accepted on our website.
- When you pre-order a product, you simply add the product to your cart and proceed to checkout for completing the transaction. Once your transaction is complete, you will receive your product as soon as our stocks are replenished. An order confirmation will be sent to you once your order is ready to be shipped.
- Cardholder must retain a copy of transaction records and Merchant policies and rules.
- BooksBay accepts orders subject to the availability of the product. If, for some reason, the products ordered by you are not available with us, you will be offered a product of similar value or full refund.
- All products are invoiced in AED at the price which is prevailing at the time. We try our best to keep the prices on the site up to date, but in case of any discrepancy, we will contact you to confirm your order at the correct price. In case we are unable to reach you, the order will be cancelled due to incorrect pricing.
- When you order products from our website, you are liable to pay all the costs associated with it such as shipping costs. If the issuer of your credit or debit card refuses to authorize the payment, BooksBay will cancel your order and contact you regarding setting up an alternative method of payment. We are not responsible for any delays caused due to this.
- Keeping track of your order is your own responsibility.
- Unless of fraudulent or negligent behavior by BooksBay, we will not be liable for any losses that you face caused as a result of unauthorized access to the personal or transactional information you provide to BooksBay while placing an order.
- We reserve the right to cancel any order fully or partially which contains more than 2 quantities of the same item.
- Customer using the website who are Minor /under the age of 18 shall not register as a User of the website and shall not transact on or use the website.
- BooksBay reserves the right to limit selected promotional orders to a maximum of 2 units per order.
Cancellations, Exchanges, and Refunds
- In case you want to cancel your order, contact BooksBay’s customer service before your order has been shipped. We will try our best to help you with your concern, but since we try to get the orders to you expeditiously, it might not be possible to cancel your order if it has already been shipped. Refund will be initiated in case of a successful cancellation to the original mode of payment and should reach the customers within 45 days of initiating the cancellation.
- If you are unsatisfied with the product that has been delivered to you and wish to replace it, you may contact our customer service for resolution.
- In case you receive the incorrect product or damaged product, kindly notify our customer service within 72 hours of delivery and we will be happy to send you the correct item.
- BooksBay reserves the right to refuse any refund wherein it is evident that the product has been used.
- All pre-order transactions are not eligible for exchange or refund.
- Deliveries are made all week except national holidays through third party service providers appointed by BooksBay. We try our best to ensure that you receive your product within the stipulated time, however, if you do not receive your package within the specified time, you are requested to contact our customer service with the order reference number of the corresponding order.
- Once you have completed the order and paid for the product(s), a confirmation mail to your registered email address will be sent to you within 24 hours.
- No delivery charges are imposed on our customers. You can acquire books at no delivery cost, delivered right to your door, throughout all UAE regions.
- When you sign for the delivered product, our responsibility towards the order ends there and the ownership of the product passes on to you. We will not be liable for any loss, damage, or breakage that takes place after the completion of delivery.
- If you are not present at the time of delivery, BooksBay will assume that any adult at the provided address has been authorized to accept the orders on your behalf. In case that this isn’t possible or there is no one present at the time of delivery, we will not deliver the product and contact you to set up an alternate delivery time.
- Please note that our delivery personnel will deliver your products at your front door only.
- Multiple Shipments
- We allow users to create multiple orders at any given time. This may result in you getting multiple transaction statements on your card.
The orders might be delivered in parts, but the customers will receive timely communication from the shipping courier company regarding the same.
The orders will be delivered to you within the time frame mentioned at the time of ordering.
Orders and Delivery Outside of The UAE
- BooksBay delivers to all the seven emirates, Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Subai, Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah, Sharjah, Umm Al Quwain, and most middle east countries.
- In case of International Shipping, delivery would take up to 14-16 days. But your order will reach you within the stipulated time at the time of ordering.
- BooksBay will not trade with or provide any services to individuals and companies owned or controlled by, or acting for or on behalf of, OFAC targeted countries AND individuals, groups, and entities, such as terrorists and narcotics traffickers designated under the OFAC programs that are not country specific.
- If you are using foreign debit or credit cards to make a purchase on our website, banks may levy some additional charges as per their conversion rates. These additional charges are not a responsibility of BooksBay.
Use of The Website
- BooksBay tries to ensure that all the information provided on the website is accurate but that might not be the case at times. You should independently check the information you are using on our website and access the Website on your own risk. If you find any incorrect information, you should notify the same by reaching us via phone or email.
- Users should not use the website for promoting or conducting any illegal activities. This may include any activities that breach copyright, infringe on privacy, violate any third party rights, or are defamatory in nature. To do so may lead to persecution.
- You must not use this website to generate unsolicited emails, promotional materials, or spam to other users.
- You must not do anything that would cause harm to the website or any internal damage to other computers.
- You must not send any viruses or other material designed to adversely affect the operations of the website, the users accessing the website, or to affect any data present on the website.
- You must not interfere with the security of the website, its services, network, or system resources.
- You must not use the website in any manner which would result in overburden or impairment. Harvesting or otherwise collecting information is also prohibited.
- You must not hyperlink or frame BooksBay without gaining prior written consent.
- You must not commercialize or charge third parties for accessing the website.
- You must not produce the content of this website anywhere else in any form.
- It is illegal to place orders under a fake name or using a card of someone else without their consent.
- Any party engaged in illegal activities involving the use of this Website may be subject to prosecution. BooksBay does not guarantee that BooksBay will be able to prevent any illegal or inappropriate use of this Website, or will give notice of any illegal or inappropriate use of this Website.
User Content and Behaviour
- You agree to comply with all legal requirements of the jurisdiction in which you are located with regard to your use of the Website, and you acknowledge that you are entirely responsible for ensuring your own familiarity with such requirements and your own compliance with these requirements.
- Members of the public are able to post comments, information and other material (“User Content”) on the Website. You must not post User Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable or which denigrates any person or entity within the Website. You understand that the person who submits User Content is responsible for that User Content. In the same way, you are entirely responsible for the User Content that you make available to or through the Website. BooksBay is not liable for any User Content. BooksBay has the right (but not the obligation) to refuse, edit or remove any User Content.
- Whilst BooksBay intends to refuse, edit, or remove any User Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable, BooksBay may not do so before you are exposed to such User Content. Please notify BooksBay if you find User Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable.
- BooksBay does not and cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of User Content. Additionally, BooksBay is not liable for any loss or damage that you suffer because of your use of or reliance on the User Content. User Content may not be accurate – please make your own enquiries before relying on any User Content.
- Once you submit User Content to the Website, you grant BooksBay a worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license to use, exploit and modify the User Content in any way in all media. Amongst other things, it may be included within the Website.
- Any losses that you or any third party suffers due to BooksBay breaching these terms are not a responsibility of BooksBay, even when these losses were foreseeable to both you and BooksBay at the time of formation of sale contract (which is formed when BooksBay sends a confirmation email to you). BooksBay will not be answerable to you or any third party for any business loss or any other loss incurred which is not the consequence of direct actions from BooksBay or any subsidiary or contractor employed by BooksBay.
- BooksBay tries to ensure that the website is safe to use at all times, but we do not warrant that this website is virus free, or free from anything which may cause harm to any technology. It is your responsibility to install precautionary virus protection on your device for safeguarding. BooksBay is not liable for any damage or loss caused by a virus or anything else that may cause harm to your equipment or data while using the website.
- While we also try to ensure that our website is constantly available, it does not warrant that this website will always be available or that it will always operate in an uninterrupted manner. Due to problems in the internet, mobile connectivity or operation of mobile applications, outages may occur. BooksBay may also need to restrict access to perform maintenance, repairs, or to introduce new facilities from time to time.
- BooksBay does not accept any liability for any content posted on the website by any third party or for the promotion of any third party.
Suspending and Terminating Your Account
Your BooksBay account may be suspended or terminated if:
- You breach these terms or other terms laid out by BooksBay.
- BooksBay has reason to suspect that you might commit a breach of these terms.
- You engage in any activity that is against the law.
- You do anything that adversely affects BooksBay’s business or reputation.
- Booksbay has reason to believe that you are disturbing, disrupting, or interrupting the operation of this website in any way.
- BooksBay has reason to believe that you are a fraud risk, are operating multiple accounts, using proxy IP addresses to hide the use of multiple accounts; or
- BooksBay considers it necessary for the protection of the website or the users of the website.
The users can deregister their account and stop the use of website at any time. BooksBay will keep your account with all its content in an inactive mode before it is deleted due to long periods of inactivity. Once deleted, no data will be recoverable and BooksBay will have no liability or responsibility for this.
Neither party will be liable to the other under these Terms or any other agreement between the parties, for any loss or damage which may be suffered by the other party due to any cause beyond the first party’s reasonable control including without limitation any act of God, exceptionally severe weather, failure of shortage of power supplies, flood, drought, lightning or fire, strike, lock-out, trade dispute or labor disturbance (other than those of the parties), the act or omission of government, highways authorities, other telecommunications operators or administrators or other competent authority, war, military operations, acts of terrorism or riot, royal demise etc.
BooksBay may send you promotional emails. You can discontinue these by opting out of our promotional emailer and newsletter services.
Intellectual Property Rights
- All the content (graphics, text, button icons, logos, digital downloads, audio clips, etc.) on the website is protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights. BooksBay retains all rights in such content. This website may only be accessed for personal uses. Any use of the website for commercial purposes, including advertising purposes or for revenue generation activity is prohibited. You may not transmit, copy, modify, publish, display, distribute, license, reproduce, commercially exploit, perform, transfer, create derivative works from or sell any content or software contained within the website.
- The graphics, page headers, logos, icons, scripts are trademarks of the site. These trademarks should not be used in relation to products and services that are not associated with BooksBay.
- BooksBay, booksbay.ae and all the logos concerned with BooksBay are trademarks of BooksBay -
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws in force in the UAE. You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of UAE.
- United Arab Emirates is our Country of Domicile. BooksBay controls this Site from the U.A.E. COMPANY makes no representation that this Site is appropriate for use in other locations. If you use this Site from other locations you are responsible for ensuring compliance with local laws. You may not use, export or re-export any materials from this Site in violation of any applicable laws or regulations, including, but not limited to any U.A.E export laws and regulations.